Access, Location and Accommodation
Click on the "Access" tabs to see more information and/or maps.
In the "Location" section you will find information about the stadium and the district of Lyon Gerland.
In the "Accommodation" section you will find general information about the Lyonnaise hotel offer.
- Lyon Saint Exupéry airport, France's 2nd regional airport, serves 117 destinations of which 80 are international with more than forty airlines
- 50 airports are served daily, in particular the major international hubs in order to ensure easy and quick connections with the rest of the world
- Totally interconnected, Lyon Saint Exupéry airport is directly connected to the TGV and to the city every 15 minutes in under 30 minutes thanks to the Rhone Express rail line
- An additional business airport - Lyon Bron is just 20 minutes outside the city centre
It takes just 45 minutes to access the Matmut Stadium Lyon from Lyon Saint Exupéry airport. Take the RhônExpress to Part-Dieu then take the Metro in Line B and stop at Stade de Gerland.
Your itinerary : https://www.lyonaeroports.com/en/
The city's 3 TGV stations are served several times a day from major French and European cities: Lyon-Saint-Exupéry, Lyon-Part-Dieu and Lyon-Perrache (located just 10 minutes from La Sucrière).
Approximate time taken to reach the Matmut Stadium Lyon from:
- Lyon Perrache TGV station: 10 minutes
- Lyon Part-Dieu TGV station: 15 minutes (Metro line B)
- Lyon Saint-Exupéry TGV station: 45 minutes (Take the RhônExpress to Part-Dieu then take the Metro on Line B and stop at Stade de Gerland)
Your itinerary : https://en.oui.sncf/en/
Access to A6 and A7 motoways is just 5 minutes away.
Comprehensive motorway network allows access to Paris (A6), Marseille-Nice-Barcelona (A7), Geneva (A42) in a few hours.
1400 taxis are available to take you to Matmut Stadium Lyon.
Main booking centers:
- Radio Taxi : 04 72 10 86 86
- Allo Taxi : 04 78 28 23 23
- Taxi Lyonnais : 04 78 26 81 81
- Taxi Aéroport : 04 72 22 70 90
The LOU Rugby club and its events services are located in the legendary Stade de Gerland, built by Tony Garnier and listed as a Historic Monument.
Following the construction of modular structures and renovation of the stadium, it now has 5,000 m² of meeting spaces, in a lush, green setting.
- There are many restaurants nearby and the Brasserie Lou is on site and can accommodate for 400 guests
- 700 free parking spaces
There is a selection of 2-5 star hotels less than 10 minutes away by public transport (Presqu'île and Gerland districts)
The city of Lyon has over 18000 hotel rooms:
- 5300 rooms in 4 and 5 star accomodation
- 5410 rooms in 3 star accommodation
- 5123 rooms in 1 and 2 star accomodation
Many major international hotel brands operate in Lyon: Accor, Boscolo, Crowne Plaza, Marriott, Relais & Châteaux, Radisson Blu, Warwick, Intercontinental...
To see a list of all available accommodation and keep up to date with new hotel openings click here.