Access, Location and Accommodation
Click on the "Access" tabs to see more information and/or maps.
In the "Location" section you will find information about the district of Lyon Confluence.
In the "Accommodation" section you will find general information about the Lyonnaise hotel offer as well as hotels close to La Sucrière.
- Lyon Saint Exupéry airport, France's 2nd regional airport, serves 116 destinations of which 96 are international (36 countries) with 44 airlines
- Totally interconnected, Lyon Saint Exupéry airport is directly connected to the TGV and to the city every 15 minutes in under 30 minutes thanks to the Rhone Express rail line
- An additional business airport - Lyon Bron is just 20 minutes outside the city centre
Your itinerary : https://www.lyonaeroports.com/en/
The city's 3 TGV stations are served several times a day from major French and European cities: Lyon-Saint-Exupéry, Lyon-Part-Dieu and Lyon-Perrache (located just 10 minutes from La Sucrière).
Approximate time taken to reach La Sucrière from:
- Lyon Perrache TGV station: 10 minutes (Take the T1 Tramway and get off at Montrochet)
- Lyon Part-Dieu TGV station : 30 minutes (Take the T1 Tramway and get off at Montrochet)
- Lyon Saint-Exupéry TGV station : 1 hour (Take the RhônExpress to Part-Dieu and take the T1 Tramway and get off at Montrochet
Your itinerary : https://en.oui.sncf/en/
Comprehensive motorway network allows access to Paris (A6), Marseille-Nice, Barcelona (A7), Geneva (A42), the Alps and Italy (A43) in few hours.
By River Shuttle
By boat: from March through to December, you can use a "vaporetto" shuttle boat between the historic center of Lyon and the Confluence district.
Your itinerary : https://www.lesbateauxlyonnais.com/homepage
La Sucrière is located in an exceptional environment. The building is at the very heart of a festive and lively neighborhood.
It is one of the few remaining historic and emblematic buildings of the new Lyon Confluence district, the most important contemporary architectural projet in Europe, which has called on leading international architects (Jakob & Marc Farlane, Wilmotte & Associates, etc.) to re-think and design the different buildings thant will complete it.
These former docklands have been completely reconfigured and now include restaurants, contemporary art galleries, design stores but also the headquarters of major institutions ans large compagnies (GL events, Euronews, Groupe Cardinal...)
40 hotels from 2 to 5 stars are less than 20 minutes away by public transport in the Presqu'île district.
Lyon offers 19,308 rooms including:
5,781 4 and 5 star rooms
7,688 rooms in 3-star
3,725 rooms in 2-star
Many major international hotel brands operate in Lyon: Accor, Boscolo, Crowne Plaza, Marriott, Relais & Châteaux, Radisson Blu, Warwick, Intercontinental...
To see a list of all available accommodation and keep up to date with new hotel openings click here.